TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Liability insurance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Liability insurance Login/Join 
posted
I have for the past several years purchased professional liability insurance for the office from NDAA Insurance Services. The bill is due now and it is expensive as heck. We have never had a claim or been close to one so far as I know. Do other offices (especially small and medium offices) have insurance? Is it worth the cost? What are the opinions out there?

Posts: 26 | Registered: January 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a large county we have not had insurance. We have to defend our own lawsuits etc. The Commissioners Court has to pay (very rare). Perhaps you should request the insurance, but if the County does not elect to purchase the insurance for cost reasons then the County should bear the expense since the County is accepting the extra money by not buying the insurance. Regarding whether the insurance makes you a bigger more plaintiff friendly target. I tend to think that it does because the silly claims seem to increase because there is a perception that the insurer will pay something to avoid costs of defending. I know this doesn't answer your question but I don't think a foolproof answer exists.

Posts: 267 | Location: Mansfield, Texas | Registered: August 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post