TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Mason Cornerstone on County Building
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mason Cornerstone on County Building Login/Join 
posted
We are errecting a new law enforcement center and local mason's want to install a corner stone. Anyone see any potential problems with this? I know they are all over the place but thought Supreme Court said old stuff on buildings is ok b/c its considered "historical" and obviously, this would be new. Thanks

Posts: 58 | Location: Anson, Texas, USA | Registered: November 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not aware of any problems with it. I've seen some recently put on new public school buildings. If it is a "donation", it simply needs Comm'n Court approval.

Posts: 48 | Location: Hill County | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My concern would be that if you let the Masons dedicate a corner stone, can you keep the Lions Club from doing the same? Or any other "civic" group? And when some nut job claim he wants to dedicate a stone on behalf of the Nazi Party, or the like, do have a defense when he sues you in Federal Court claiming discrimination for not allowing him to do so?

Posts: 86 | Location: Floresville, TX USA | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post