TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Internet use policies
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Internet use policies Login/Join 
posted
i have a county owned EMS department whose director wants to impliment an internet use policy including HIPPA compliance etc.....however, the policy he provided for review is 14 or so pages long and attempts to control use of personal computers, social networking content, etc if it in any way relates to the EMS including banning all photos of employees in their work uniforms without approval from the director...access to any private accounts if "reasonable belief" exists that the employee might be engaging in speech or conduct demeaning to the department...
ie., no uniformed pics on facebook etc....
it seems overly broad to me, however, i have nothing to which i can compare it. Have any of you dealt with such an issue or have words of wisdom or caution. I understand on duty issues and using county equipment but off-duty and private computing seems to cross the line to me.
Thanks

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent ours off to you in an e-mail this afternoon -

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didnt get the email.....try this address scurryca@suddenlinkmail.com
Thanks lisa!

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might want to check the post I just put in this thread:

Telling people what they can and can't do on social media can get you in trouble.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well very nice and really he did a great job because these policies made for the beneficial of human beings and thanks you have told us about these policies

http://www.translation.pk

Posts: 2 | Location: islamabad Pakistan | Registered: July 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post