TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Justice Benefits, Inc.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Justice Benefits, Inc. Login/Join 
posted
I am looking at a possible contract between the County and Justice Benefits, Inc. In exchange for a percentage (22%) of any funds obtained through outside sources (federal funds and grants) for the County, this outfit looks for those potential funds and handles the paperwork to get them.

Does anyone else have any experience with this group? I found this as an item on a few agendas on the Internet, but nothing to indicate approval of a contract with this company.

Also, does anyone see a legal problem with the County's compensating this company on a percentage basis for its successful work?

Posts: 366 | Location: Plainview, Hale County | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you ever learn any more about this company? I have been asked to review a contract with them and was looking for anyone else who had done the research about a contingency collection contract. We have one with a law firm for collection of delinquent taxes, but there is a special statute for that. Did you have any luck determining if this was legally permissible?

Posts: 44 | Location: Wichita Falls, Texas, US | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Meredith!

I don't think anything ever came of that contract. I honestly cannot remember if it was because of any objection I had, or just because we weren't interested in it.

Posts: 366 | Location: Plainview, Hale County | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post