TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    CPS question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CPS question Login/Join 
posted
We have a CPS case that involves a child whose mother is not going to be a contender to get him back. His father has recently remarried. The father and stepmother have the child with them at the moment. The father, however, is in Oklahoma taking care of an old indiscretion involving an underage girlfriend. He has pleaded guilty and is awaiting sentencing. He may or may not get probation. The child is still with the stepmother.

This case is going to final hearing very shortly. CPS would like to have the stepmother named as permanent managing conservator. She is not a party to the case. Does she have to intervene in order to be named PMC? She has not had the child for 6 months yet, either, so there is probably a standing issue. Can we just name someone who is not a party and who probably has no standing to be a party as PMC?

Posts: 366 | Location: Plainview, Hale County | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is Tina holding back on her CPS experience?

I'll e-mail if you give me your address

rthomas@co.brazos.tx.us

Posts: 145 | Location: Bryan/College Station | Registered: April 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray, you're killin me man! I had almost forgotten then you drag me back in...drat! Big Grin

Posts: 56 | Location: Plainview, Texas | Registered: September 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If anyone could pull it off, Tina Davis, who left behind so many trampled rights in Amarillo, is the one to call. She was sort of the "Face Man" of our A-Team. Though I seem to remember something about a SAPCR order being ineffectual as to someone who wasn't a party, I'll bet "Face ... uh, Woman" could come up with a crate of AK-47s and a chopper to get you out of this one. Wink

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post