TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    School lands for hunting/grazing lease
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

School lands for hunting/grazing lease Login/Join 
posted
We have some school lands that we've been leasing for grazing and now it's been expanded to include hunting. The lessee wants to then sublease/grant licenses to hunters. Does anyone have hunting lease agreements that I can take a look at that would best protect the county? Other than requiring the lessee to carry liability insurance, is there anything else that I need to be aware of?

Posts: 16 | Location: Waller County | Registered: March 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just thinking out loud....county has to provide for competitive bidding on leasing. If lessee chooses NOT to do that with sublease - worst case is discriminatory - could the harm come back to the county? My inclination would be to disallow any subleasing.

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have any forms, but the Texas A&M real estate center has some good info about liability and other hunting lease provisions:
http://recenter.tamu.edu/searc...=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8

Posts: 245 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: July 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post