TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Response to Summary Judgment
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Response to Summary Judgment Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone ever filed a response to summary judgment they would be willing to share with me? I am not sure where to begin.

Could email it to
69thada@moore-tx.com

Thanks,
Jessica

Posts: 3 | Registered: October 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this on a ch. 59 forfeiture?

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Sir, it is.

Posts: 3 | Registered: October 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm afraid I'm a bit of a weasel here. We don't have felony jurisdiction, so we don't do chapter 59 stuff. My objective was to try and troll out the folks who do.

If no one responds, send me an e-mail. My e-mail address is in my profile, and I'll be glad to send some more generalized responses to motions for summary judgment.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am having a hard time envisioning how one proves that something was not contraband as a matter of law. I guess you could prove that the alleged offense was not committed. Maybe you are dealing with an innocent owner claim. Anyway, I would expect a fairly simple counter-affidavit should be sufficient to raise an issue of fact in most situations. I would think there are likely some objections to be raised to the movant's proof, as well, under subsection (f).

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post