TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    CPS Case CASA Transfer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CPS Case CASA Transfer Login/Join 
posted
Hello,
I am looking for advice as our county is now transferring all CPS cases that are open to a new CASA that has been set up specifically for our county. I am required to prepare the transfer documentation for this transfer of cases. Has anyone heard of this taking place in a county previously that I could get some guidance from on the required documentation? Please advise if possible.

Kimberly Beard
Legal Assistant to John Mark Cobern
Titus County Attorney's Office

Posts: 1 | Location: Mt. Pleasant  | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Transferring what, exactly?

Posts: 17 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: July 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I imagine that the new CASA is to be appointed as the Guardian ad litem for these cases in which another attorney or entity was previously appointed. I f that is correct, you may want to use a "Substitution of Counsel" form as a starting point, customize it a little bit, leave a blank for the cause number, party information, and name of the initial guardian ad litem. Then complete a form for each case where the new CASA is to be appointed. It should be pretty straightforward, though it may be time consuming. Get the judge to sign a form for each case, then get it file-marked and sent to the "old" guardian ad litem, and to the new CASA.

Posts: 325 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: November 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post