TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Any money for up-grading courtroom video equip?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any money for up-grading courtroom video equip? Login/Join 
posted
I know that court costs are divided into many little accounts to cover this and that. I'm wondering if there is not a pot of money somewhere in all that court cost money that can be used to buy video equipment for a courtroom.

If there is such money available, I assume it takes a vote by the commissioner's court to spend it.

Anyone know?

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The County and District Court Technology Fund (CCP Art. 102.0169) maybe. It may be used for "the purchase and maintenance of technological enhancements for a county court, statutory county court, or district court, including..." and lists a number of different computer systems as examples. If the video equipment is a "technological enhancement" for the court, that might be the fund that could cover it.

Posts: 20 | Location: Paris | Registered: May 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, BK.

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post