TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Asset Forfeiture
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Asset Forfeiture Login/Join 
posted
Once again, I am scheduled for a jury trial in an asset forfeiture case involving cash and a vehicle. All of my others trials have settled but I don't believe that will happen with this case. Can someone please e-mail me any voir dire ideas for asset forfeiture cases?

Posts: 45 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: November 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. Jury trial was successful. So, if anyone needs any help, let me know.

Posts: 45 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: November 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Good job, Ann, and thanks for following up.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That jury trial probably makes you the most experienced prosecutor in the State in litigating asset forfeiture cases. Most cases are resolved by default, agreement, summary judgment or court trial. Congratulations.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope to be joining you on that--I have one of the weirder forfeiture cases I've seen so far set for jury trial in June. I'll probably be calling to interrogate you soon!

Elizabeth Foley
Ass't Crim. D.A.
Galveston County

Posts: 102 | Location: Galveston, Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post