TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Dirt track demons
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dirt track demons Login/Join 
posted
I am informed by one of my commissioners that we have a problem in an unincorporated area of our county with a dirt bike track. The neighbors are unhappy with the noise and the flying dirt. They also are unsatisfied with suggestions of hiring a lawyer to bring a nuisance suit. The sheriff is unhappy with the prospect of taking their newly-purchased decibel meter and putting it to use for this purpose. Of course, all this unhappiness could only ultimately target one office: ours (in keeping with the conventional maxim that, "I live in the county, and I need an attorney ... I better call the county attorney.").

And so I turn to my brighter, better-read colleagues. Have any of you dealt with a dirt track (cars or dirt bikes)? If so, would you be willing to share your wisdom and your sneaky lawyer tricks?

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I do not qualify under your above criteria, I will respond anyway.

Beyond what you reference above, I know nothing except for them to become incorporated and if that is not an option, the platting process might be an option(for those counties who qualify) but that would probably not apply except as to future subdividing. Even that might be problematic with drafting a valid rule, etc.

Otherwise, it is to politiely remind them "aint that why you moved to the country to avoid the guvernmet telling everybody what you cant do with your property and what applies to you applies to them"

[This message was edited by LV on 04-29-04 at .]

Posts: 74 | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post