TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    That pesky last page....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

That pesky last page.... Login/Join 
posted
The County Clerk charges by the page to file documents. At the end of the document, there is information that must be added; unfortunately, many attorneys do not leave enough room. As a result, another page is added by the clerk for the necessary information. The question is - who pays for the last page? According to my clerk, their association has no idea. Some clerks believe it leaves the county open to suit to charge, others believe it leaves the county open if they don't.

What are the rest of you doing in your counties? I really don't want to request an AG opinion on this.....

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the clerk charges an extra $2, but I would not encourage anyone to use our clerk's decision as valid precedent! ;-)

Posts: 244 | Registered: November 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My county clerk photocopies letter size documents on legal size paper which provides the extra "space" for the certification stamp, etc.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what does she do if the document is already on legal paper? A lot of the stuff we get from oil companies is on legal paper and the print is miniscule....

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our clerk adds a page and charges for it. I'm not saying she is right, that is just the practice.

Posts: 2 | Location: Austin, Tx. | Registered: September 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post