TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Election Questions...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Election Questions... Login/Join 
posted
OK, I'm speaking at the Civil on basic election issues. I plan to have a quick and dirty reference guide at the end of the paper - but - anyone have any thing they would REALLY like to see covered? Generally I'm looking at pre-election (ie, campaign issues), election day (equipment malfunction, who can help, who can be where), and post election (recount and canvasing)

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm looking less for legal analysis, and more for a how-to guide. Big Grin

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might want to touch on which county official (county clerk, county tax assessor-collector, or county elections administrator, depending on the individual county) has which duties pertaining to elections and voter registration.

Posts: 90 | Location: Lockhart TX | Registered: January 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to hear how others handle the 'criminalize your opponent game'. Every election season, there is a flurry of calls from candidates (or their best buddies) accusing their opponents of all kinds of things. Often an accusation call is followed ten minutes later by a phone call from some media reporter who says they have heard that we have just launched an investigation against candidate X. Really?

Posts: 341 | Location: Tarrant County, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of my calls pertain to location/timing/removal of campaign signs

Posts: 23 | Location: Rockport, Texas USA | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The magic language that must be placed on political signs and included in radio and TV ads.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And rules on Robo-calls, websites, technology in general...

Posts: 341 | Location: Tarrant County, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oddly enought we get a lot of complaints regarding the size of the word "for" and its location and the use of the state seal

Posts: 169 | Registered: June 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We get lots of those 'for' calls, too.