TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Indigent burial
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indigent burial Login/Join 
posted
My Commissioners are asking for guidelines on this - what are the rest of you doing? Who is "indigent" and what do you pay? Do you pay a different amount for infant / child burial? Are you cremating? Is there a choice?

Thanks.

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I emailed you a copy of a policy adopted by my commissioners court

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our commissioners are struggling with the same issues right now. Would you mind forwarding the policy to me as well? I had one of our interns call several counties around the state to obtain policies, but I have not receive the responses yet. I'll be glad to share them when I do.

Posts: 44 | Location: Wichita Falls, Texas, US | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would anyone mind sending me their county policy on this issue as well? Thanks!

Posts: 7 | Location: Lubbock, Texas | Registered: October 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be glad to share. Send me your e-mail, and I'll get it out to you!

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post