TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Energy Savings Contract RFQ process
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Energy Savings Contract RFQ process Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone had experience in publishing an RFQ for the Energy Saving Contract scheme under Chapter 302 LGC? We are having trouble getting one that fits this situation since the pricing element is based on energy savings and not maximum guaranteed price. Does the design build method fit better? Does anyone have an RFQ on this they have used successfully and can you share it with me?

Posts: 105 | Location: Marshall, Texas, Harrison | Registered: February 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm really being hounded about about these...how are you getting past the multiple year provision?

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Help me out a little. Can you give me the statutory provision concerning?

Posts: 105 | Location: Marshall, Texas, Harrison | Registered: February 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are probably what Lisa is referring to
-TEX. CONST. art. XI, Sec. 7 and Tex. Local Gov't Code Sec. 271.903.

Posts: 158 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, first of all there is no purchase, lease, etc. of property involved so I don't understand exactly how 271.903 ties in. As for the constitutional provision, that is avoided by the fact that repayment of a loan is not based on funds on hand each year, (although you could float bonds, but then you don't get around art. XI,Sec. 7),but is limited to the actual savings experienced so the county does not carve out budget funds each year, it only pays based on the amount they did NOT pay for energy. That's how I read it. Does that make sense to anyone else?