TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Pipeline crossing without permit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pipeline crossing without permit Login/Join 
posted
I have a situation in which a pipeline company has crossed our county roads in several places without going through our permit procedure. Because of this, they did not use a casing over their pipe and my County Judge wants to know what our remedies are for this. Nuisance suit? Criminal violation? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Posts: 16 | Location: Martin County, Texas | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You will need to find out if the company is a "common carrier". I thought the Railroad Commission might help but their website is less than helpful. Still you might check it out:
http://www.rrc.state.tx.us/abo...in-and-condemnation/

Case law for common carriers has become less helpful but I would not be surprised if the Texas Legislature helped them out. If the pipeline company is a common carrier your remedies are limited to non-existent.

Posts: 267 | Location: Mansfield, Texas | Registered: August 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post