TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Filings from FLDS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Filings from FLDS Login/Join 
posted
The Potter County Attorney's office, plus all of our judges, and the county & district clerks, have been receiving a series of documents from the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This has been ongoing for almost a month. Just curious if anyone else is receiving them.

David Kemp
1st Asst. County Attorney

Posts: 11 | Location: Amarillo, TX | Registered: May 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep - I just posted on the criminal side -

Is anyone else getting innundated with FLDS mail? It seems every other day I get a missive from that crew warning me of, shall we say, impending doom.

Gee - they don't go for women with minds, education, employment...and OPINIONS??!!

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to mention that they figure we are stupid enough to a) want more copies and b) are unable to figure out how to make our own so must purchase them!!

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our district judges are getting that stuff. With a lovely order form, for those who want extra copies!

Posts: 341 | Location: Tarrant County, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just heard my judge talking about it this morning.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have gotten the two- or three-page missives for a few weeks now, and just received a nice soft-bound compilation volume in the mail yesterday. I wish I had the money they are spending on printing and postage.

Posts: 366 | Location: Plainview, Hale County | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ours comes in a big box; at least if they sent them individually, they could go bulk and save a nickle. Then again, they seem to have more resources than, well, God!

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

posted Hide Post
We are getting these almost daily. Just this morning, our postmaster told me we could just start refusing them. Perhaps that would send a "message" that they are wasting postage.

Posts: 20 | Location: Lynn County, TX | Registered: January 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Were getting them in Henderson County as well, not just me, but our County Judge and Commissioners, not sure who else.

Clint Davis
Henderson County Attorney

Posts: 10 | Location: Athens, Texas | Registered: October 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe this is just the FLDS's way of helping the US Postal Service with their debt problems. Postage, postage, postage!

Posts: 108 | Location: Wichita Falls, TX | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are getting this stuff too. Strangely, our judge is not on the recipient list. It is coming in a big box addressed to all four commissioners, the sheriff, and me - care of the judge's office. I think we are about to start refusing the packages.

Posts: 9 | Location: Fort Davis, Texas, USA | Registered: October 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We get them in Hunt County as well. It's made for some good humor in the office. We quote one of the "proclamations" repeatedly....

In the Revelation of the Lord Jesus Christ Given to President Warren S. Jeffs
Palestine, Texas
Monday, December 12, 2011
108. "Now be of truth: Prosecutors Lie. Witnesses Lie."

Posts: 6 | Location: Greenville, Texas | Registered: October 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
[Note: Previous duplicate thread from Criminal forum has been consolidated here.]

Posts: 2423 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post