TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Finally! A legal issue worthy of resolution!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally! A legal issue worthy of resolution! Login/Join 
posted
The good folks at the AG's opinion committee have never (for whatever delusional reason) seen the need to ask me for realistic input in formulating an opinion. I figure the brief I send with an opinion request winds up in the round file pretty quickly. But I'll be waiting for a call on this one. Some of you others probably shouldn't get too far away from your phones, either.

"All in the Family" opinion request

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple from India is the test case for this? What- have we not had anyone from Alabama move to the state?

Posts: 394 | Location: Waco, Tx | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Odd as it seems, many of our US states do permit first cousins to marry. I think it may even be half the states.[Yes, I understand that Alabama is one of them.]

Posts: 341 | Location: Tarrant County, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My reply was only half joking- It seems like this is an issue that would be settled law. First cousins marry in Alabama, move to Texas, one of them dies intestate. I think the result is that the marriage would be recognized and probate law would be applied to a valid marriage, even if it would not have been allowed in Texas.

Posts: 394 | Location: Waco, Tx | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<darilynsmith>
posted
Oh! That was really odd. But Love conquers all.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post