TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    evidence room clean out
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

evidence room clean out Login/Join 
posted
My sheriff needs to clear out his evidence room. I have already gathered there are about half a dozen or more different types of evidence, probably more, that all have different rules on notification, sale, disposition, retention, and so forth. Is there anywhere were all this is collected in an article, attorney general's opinion or some such? I have ran WestLaw on this and of course I can get the individual rules but nothing comprehensive. Also at the tail end of this we will have have a pile of worthless junk. What sort of court order do I get to trash the trash?
John L. Hutchison, CA Hansford County

Posts: 59 | Location: Spearman, TX, Hansford | Registered: March 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See page 34 of this month's issue of The Prosecutor for an article written by Jana K. McCown.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post