TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    resources for drafting contracts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

resources for drafting contracts Login/Join 
posted
First, thanks to everyone who contributes to these boards. As a relatively new ADA, the collective wisdom has been very helpful to me.

Now, my request. I'm in the process of drafting several contracts for my county. Can y'all suggest some good resources to draw on for this? I'm mainly looking for standard clauses on things like liability, compliance with state law, etc.

Thanks again for your help.

Posts: 90 | Location: Lockhart TX | Registered: January 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know that there's anything published, per se, other than the old TDCAA papers. As a general rule, I e-mail Ray Rike and / or Scott ...between the two of them there isn't a contract they haven't overcome!

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Lisa. Are those old papers available online?

Posts: 90 | Location: Lockhart TX | Registered: January 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That query is so far above my pay grade it isn't funny - - Shannon and the TDCAA gurus could answer it. I know that they "lurk" on the forums...otherwise would pop him an e-mail!

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent you some material we had at the office.

Posts: 3 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: June 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, John. The material was very helpful.

posted Hide Post
A few years ago TDCAA published a 2 volume set of contract forms. I don't know if they are still available, but they were very helpful.

Posts: 63 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: September 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post