TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Public and Private Facilities and Infrastructure Act
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Public and Private Facilities and Infrastructure Act Login/Join 
posted
I may be called upon to draft guidelines under the new chapter 2267 of the Government Code that allows public/private partnerships.

If anyone's county has already adopted guidelines and would be willing to share them with me, I would be forever grateful.

Posts: 63 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: September 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have any experience or background on this, Russ, but would seriously like a copy of what you draft!!!

Thanks,

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same here....am I reading this statute to say that these methods trump the other competitive bidding statutes for counties for public works?
As an example, if a county is going to build a new road, or wants to install water and sewer lines to county owned property, and wants to use a contractor instead of doing the work "in house"....must the county use the new methods or can we choose one? i have just started to dig into this. any thoughts?

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe I am just seeing things, but why does there appear to be two Chapter 2267's? Also, does anyone have an opinion on whether a jail addition would qualify as a "qualified project?"

"Qualifying project" means:
(A) any ferry, mass transit facility, vehicle parking facility, port facility, power generation facility, fuel supply facility, oil or gas pipeline, water supply facility, public work, waste treatment facility, hospital, school, medical or nursing care facility, recreational facility, public building, or other similar facility currently available or to be made available to a governmental entity for public use, including any structure, parking area, appurtenance, and other property required to operate the structure or facility and any technology infrastructure installed in the structure or facility that is essential to the project's purpose; or
(B) any improvements necessary or desirable to unimproved real estate owned by a governmental entity.

Posts: 30 | Location: Rockwall, Texas USA | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post