TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Bond forfieture filing fees
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bond forfieture filing fees Login/Join 
posted
Received the attached letter from the Texas Comptroller and I think Confused I disagree with it. It states that a bond forfeiture is a criminal proceeding and therefore the clerk cannot charge civil fees. Although the warrant is issued in the criminal case I have always thought of the nisi proceedings etc., as civil. You end up with a judgment, can get an abstract, get a writ of execution if necessary, etc. Any thoughts?

PDF DocScanned1.pdf (42 Kb, 10 downloads)

Posts: 8 | Location: Cuero, DeWitt County, TX | Registered: January 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It is our understanding that the Comptroller's Office may be taking the matter under re-consideration. If you haven't already done so, you might reply to the author of the letter and offer your input if he still needs it. ;-)

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent them an email. Thank you for the update.

Posts: 8 | Location: Cuero, DeWitt County, TX | Registered: January 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post