TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Need Bond Forfieture book
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Bond Forfieture book Login/Join 
posted
We just started handling bond forfeitures after 8 years and I am wondering if there is a book out there that gives the "ins & outs" of the process.

Posts: 109 | Location: Kingsville, Texas, USA | Registered: July 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a Bail Bond Handbook for Texas Counties. Its from the Texas Association of Counties (512-478-8753).

Posts: 50 | Location: Jasper, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I called TAC and they referred me to their on-line website where I could download the book. It's free.

Thanks,

jth

Posts: 109 | Location: Kingsville, Texas, USA | Registered: July 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need to help the District Clerk with this issue. If there is any book out there that details the steps (who exactly does what) in Article 22 of the CCP, I would really like to have it.

Otherwise, if anyone else has time to write a brief "how to", I would appreciate it, particularly if examples are provided.

Thanks.

posted Hide Post
"GOOD'S ON BAIL" by Ken W.Good is has prety good overview of Texas bond law and procedure. Mr. Good has extensive practice representing Bail Bond companies. His book covers relevant CCP and Occupations Code statutes, and cites relevsnt case law.

A bit pricey, but easy to carry to court and handy to have for one stop source if all you need is good overview.

Book jacket says to contact his office at 903-579-7507 for purchase.

Give my regards to Patty and Laura. We're trying to keep Rand out of trouble down here.

(I don't know Ken Good, nor do I get a cut of the sales, but I shoulda thought of asking before writing this)

Posts: 1 | Location: Edinburg, TX, USA | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post