TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    mid-year amendment of an elected official's budget
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

mid-year amendment of an elected official's budget Login/Join 
posted
I would appreciate anyone's input on this. In particular, I am talking about the possibility of moving road and bridge funding from the budget of one ex officio road commissioner to the budget of another ex officio road commissioner.

Posts: 1 | Location: Denton, Texas, USA | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the AG has come down fairly clearly that the ex-officio commissioner's salary cannot be increased until adoption of the next budget. That reasoning should apply as fully to the mechanism of a budget transfer as to any other. As to shifting operational money, I suppose the pertinent question is whether you may consider the "transferee" ex-officio commissioner's operational budget "another budgeted item." If not, I think you'll have to figure out a way to characterize the situation as an "emergency" before any such amendment and concomitant expenditure can be made. And, by the way, it's a good day any time one can use the word "concomitant."

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post