TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Commissioner's Road Report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commissioner's Road Report Login/Join 
posted
I have been asked by our County Judge about Transp. Code sec. 251.005, which requires each commissioner to file a report concerning the condition of the roads, etc., in his precinct. It also requires the commissioner to submit the report, together with each contract for roadwork made by the court in the last year, to the foreman of the grand jury.

For some reason, this has not been happening in Hale County. My question is, what is the procedure for submitting this material to the foreman of the grand jury? Does the matter just appear on the docket and the commissioners go in and hand him their reports?

Posts: 366 | Location: Plainview, Hale County | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a draft form at the end of my seminar papers. THere really isn't a process for getting it to the GJ, but my recommendation, since they don't know what to do with it either, is for the CA to take all this junk - show it to them, and let them file it...where ever!

If you don't have one of my road papers handy, e-mail me Monday and I'll send you a form.

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hale County, you are not alone. Eek

Posts: 267 | Location: Mansfield, Texas | Registered: August 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, if you can GET them to do it, you may be alone! Smile

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did not know this statute existed until the County Judge brought it to my attention; the reasons for that are not ones to be discussed in this public forum.

Thanks for the information; I had been looking at one of your road papers before I posted here.

Posts: 366 | Location: Plainview, Hale County | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post