TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    NISIS: ELECTRONIC FILING REQUIRED?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NISIS: ELECTRONIC FILING REQUIRED? Login/Join 
posted
There seems to be confusion in my county as to whether or not Judgment NISI related documents need to be e-filed yet or not. What's everyone else doing? Thanks =)

Posts: 24 | Location: Pecos County | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our clerk said not to as it's easier to deal with paper on our cases.

Posts: 43 | Location: Brenham | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are electronic filing. And we get waivers from all the sureties we can to accept service by email. It has save us a ton of time and $.

Posts: 44 | Location: Wichita Falls, Texas, US | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just ran into this issue this week. I've been e-filing appellate briefs for 2 years so I'm good with it. That said, when I looked at doing a Nisi using ProDoc, there wasn't anything specific to Nisi and they were wanting to charge a full filing fee. Am I missing something? How are y'all handling filing fees that the system wants to automatically charge or is there a way to prevent the charge? I expect we will have the same issue with Chapter 59 Seizures.

Posts: 233 | Location: Anderson, Texas | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I figured it out. I file it under the category "Seizure/Forfeiture" and there is no filing fee from the clerks office.

This is hard on an old man.

Posts: 233 | Location: Anderson, Texas | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We us the state's efiling, not prodoc, but we have a "state" account that exempts is from fees. Not sure how that works, but it's a setup in our admin office account. It is different than the one we use for appeals.

Posts: 44 | Location: Wichita Falls, Texas, US | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You ought to be able to set up an account from this site: https://efile.txcourts.gov/OfsWeb/ and not have to pay any filing fees or other fees for cases in trial or appellate courts.

Posts: 366 | Location: Plainview, Hale County | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post