TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    County Subdivision regulations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

County Subdivision regulations Login/Join 
posted
We are considering passing a set of subdivision regulations. I'm not seeing a public hearing requirement or anything of that sort. Is it just a regular Comm Ct item?

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think chapter 232 just has a notice requirement. However, it might be a good idea to hold a public hearing on the matter anyway.

Posts: 90 | Location: Lockhart TX | Registered: January 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was my thought; with the oil boom...which shall surely go bust...we need to protect our land..

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arguably, since these impact private ownership rights, they are going to come under Ch 2007 of the Gov Code and require a Takings Impact Assessment.

Anyone ever done one??

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

posted Hide Post
Lisa
let me know what you find please.....we arent to that point yet but it is probably getting close.
Can I borrow your set once you adopt them?

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You definitely need a TIA for this. I suggest hiring outside counsel to prepare it. It was before my time, but our county hired someone to do the TIA for its subdivision ordinance.

Posts: 90 | Location: Lockhart TX | Registered: January 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dare I ask the cost?

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney