TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Under the radar or outside the gates?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Under the radar or outside the gates? Login/Join 
posted
I just received my solicitation to attend the State Bar's authoritative discourse on suing and defendant governmental entities. Initially, I must concede that I am too parsimonious to shell out $285 to be shown by better credentialed lawyers than me that I don't know how to do my job. Not surprisingly, there isn't a single ADA/ACA on the menu to speak. Perhaps that's the problem with our Civil Seminar. We're not using speakers with the proper pedigrees. On the other hand, maybe I'm just a small, bitter man because we haven't seen rain in my neighborhood since the Macarena fad.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have always found you to be quite cheerful and as you well know the Government Suing and Defending is a marketing opportunity masquerading as a CLE event. I guess we are getting your rain, but we are also getting the tornado watches that come with it.

Posts: 267 | Location: Mansfield, Texas | Registered: August 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're getting the tornado watches and warnings, just no rain. You're right about marketing. Maybe if our offices had a slew of impressive-sounding names instead of the lowest-and-best-bid-sounding "blah blah county district/county attorney's office," they'd be hitting us up to talk about what we do for a living.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scott used the magic words "Civil Seminar", so....I enjoyed the "rural track" for us folks out in the boonies, but why were all the speakers for the "rural track" from big citie? For example, the speaker on mental commitments was from El Paso! She encouraged us to get all our agencies together for team approach yada yada. Hey, it's just me and the sheriff! Then they cut out our rural track round table discussion. Go figure.

Posts: 244 | Registered: November 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post