TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Restraint Chair Use Policy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Restraint Chair Use Policy Login/Join 
posted
Sheriff has asked me to review a proposed new Restraint Chair Use Policy and Procedure...anybody got any do's and don'ts? Confused

Posts: 56 | Location: Plainview, Texas | Registered: September 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Given the dim view federal courts tend to take of restraint chairs (people have a nasty habit of dying in them), the safest tack to take would be to look at alternatives (such as rubber rooms). If use it you must, I would look at imposing fairly strict physical condition requirements (re: prisoner to be "restrained) as well as time and tying style restrictions. Or you could include a provision allowing lawyers to be similarly "restrained," in which case the policy is almost assured to pass muster. Big Grin

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I reviewed one a while back. If you want to look at it email me.

hcoleman@dentoncounty.com

Posts: 31 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post