TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    licensing of sexually oriented businesses
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

licensing of sexually oriented businesses Login/Join 
posted
I am the comanche county attorney. We recently became aware that a sexually oriented business was plannning on opening in our county, and the commissioners would like to adopt an order regulating such businesses. I would appreciate it if I could get a copy of such an order and the corresponding application from anyone who has already dealt with this situation. Any other information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 1 | Location: comanche county | Registered: September 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have one, and are close to your size. Send me your e-mail and I'll try to send it to you. It has to be adopted by the COmm Ct after a hearing in which they take evidence on the health / crime consequences of such places. We normally use the director of the health unit, chief of police, sheriff, and the like.

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would suggest you contact Larry Long with the City of Odessa or Hon. Cindy Weir, Ector Co Atty. Ector County and the City of Odessa have had an ordinance and rules for years. I think it has been tested in court actions as well.

Posts: 21 | Location: Kermit, Texas | Registered: October 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post