TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Firearm Regulation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Firearm Regulation Login/Join 
posted
Anyone out there have experience with their commissioner's court implementing Sect. 235.022 of the Local Govt. Code? This section allows the Commissioner's Court to regulate/prohibit the discharge of firearms on subdivision lots of 10 acres or less. My court is wanting to do this and I was wondering if anyone had a proposed order/resolution that implements this as well as Sect. 235.025 which establishes a criminal penalty.

Thanks in advance

Posts: 11 | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have received inquiries from Liberty and Atascosa counties about whether game wardens will enforce these ordinances (the answer is no).
I have not seen the ordinances, but someone in one of those counties might be able to help you.

Posts: 245 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: July 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have the same issue on our agenda next week. When I come up with something, I'll email it to you. My email is attorney@co.wharton.tx.us If you find something before then let me know.

Posts: 8 | Location: Wharton, Texas, USA | Registered: May 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Montgomery County has an ordinance but it isn't available on the internet. I can email it to you.

Posts: 11 | Location: Conroe, TX USA | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post