TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Real Property Tax Liens and Seizure
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Real Property Tax Liens and Seizure Login/Join 
posted
We have a situation where the DA's Office is holding seized property where the County has a tax lien. Tax assessor wants the DA to pay off the lien before the property is auctioned.

My understanding of property law is that if the lien was from a private individual, the property would be auctioned with the lien if not paid before the auction. However, since the lien is from the County, and the County now holds the property, does the act of a government seizure extinguish any government liens on the property?

This is the first time I've had a research project involving any civil issues. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find and substantiate the answer to this quandary?

Posts: 3 | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tax liens are available in every county in America. However, some owners don't have an idea that it may result to foreclosure. There was a report released by the National Consumer Law Center, which proved that numerous people countrywide are losing their homes to tax liens, held against their properties for owed property taxes. Get more information: Tax Liens.

Posts: 1 | Registered: April 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post