TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Protective Orders Family Violence
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Protective Orders Family Violence Login/Join 
posted
Could someone send a sample application for PO? The form we have been filing contain several mistakes and I need a replacement but the only forms I have are geared toward civil custody suits (discovery, managing/poss. conservator, etc.) rather than Family Violence cases. Yes, I could create my own from the code, but would really appreciate forms/apps that other offices are using as well as any best-practice procedure tips (any useful hearsay exceptions).

Posts: 79 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Send me an e-mail (my info in in my profile) and I'll be glad to have our Family Crime Unit send the forms we use.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We use the forms contained in the Protective Order Kit prepared by the Taskforce established several years ago by the Texas Supreme Court at the request of the Texas Access to Justice Commission. Though these forms were developed primarily for pro se applicants I found them clear and easy to understand. The Family Crisis Center, with whom we work on all P. O.s we do, keyed the forms into MS Word for our use. Advantages, along with clarity, are that the use of the forms may bring some consistency to P. O. forms if used widly enough, as well as probable correctness because of their origin. They are available online at www.TexasLawHelp.org. If you would like to have the forms we use in M.S. Word please send me an email.

Posts: 18 | Location: Bastrop, TX. USA | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post