TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Request for Admissions, Production and Interrogatories
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Request for Admissions, Production and Interrogatories Login/Join 
posted
Cash is seized during possession of controlled substance arrest. ($3,000 +) Forfeiture filed, and because attorney represents he is only working on forfeiture I filed Interrogatories, etc. Attorney responds with Interrogatories, Admissions, and Production. I got no problem, but Attorney references out of date Rules, wrong amount, etc. in his pleadings.

I plan on answering using proper Rule of Civil Procedure and correcting by objection the improper style of case.

Does anyone have any other suggestion on how to handle this?

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Set it for trial.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Answer according to the Rules. Don't correct his mistakes. I had an attorney who mistakenly put the mother's name (as opposed to my client, CPS) in a lot of the questions like "What is the basis' for Suzy's claims". I replied with I didn't know, he would have to ask Suzy (a little more legaleze than that but you get the idea).

Next, hit him with good and proper discovery, especially RFA and the 194 Disclosure.

Posts: 108 | Location: Wichita Falls, TX | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the answer Versel, his is a response to mine. (Mine did cite the correct Rules.)

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post