TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    ETJ
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ETJ Login/Join 
posted
Does county or city control drainage requirements within ETJ? Entire ETJ or just 1/2 mile from city boundary? No agreements exist.

Posts: 23 | Location: Rockport, Texas USA | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you talking about regulation of subdivisions within the ETJ? If so, per chapter 232 of the Local Government Code, I think the county can set drainage requirements, absent any interlocal agreement.

Please note I am still learning about this myself, so you might want to double-check.

[This message was edited by Mack T. Harrison on 02-08-12 at .]

Posts: 90 | Location: Lockhart TX | Registered: January 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not debating subdivision or platting, just drainage.

Posts: 23 | Location: Rockport, Texas USA | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe check with TCEQ?

Posts: 90 | Location: Lockhart TX | Registered: January 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you mean drainage for flood control purposes? I think the default is that the County flood control rules apply in the ETJ, unless the city has affirmatively extended its flood control rules to the ETJ.

And get a copy of the City rules, just to be sure. We had a home under construction in the flood plain, and ETJ, a while back, and the City declared it was none their business. But when I got a hold of the City flood control ordinance, it specifically extended to all of the ETJ.

Posts: 86 | Location: Floresville, TX USA | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post