TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Judicial Enforcement of Foreign PO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Judicial Enforcement of Foreign PO Login/Join 
posted
I drafted a Petition and Order for Judicial Enforcement of a Foreign Protective Order for a victim who had a PO in her home state and has now come to Texas. Feel free to use and share.

Lori

Word DocPetition_for_judicial_enforcement_redacted.docx (34 Kb, 9 downloads) Petition

Posts: 95 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Order

Word DocOrder_of_judicial_enforcement_redacted.docx (29 Kb, 9 downloads) Order

Posts: 95 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for this post Lori. I have this exact issue right now with my county and surrounding counties not enforcing a foreign PO due to it having language that LEA is not used to in the Texas POs (foreign PO states "do not come in sight of" instead of the 200 yard language typical in Texas POs).

My question is this - what did you do with the Order once signed? Were there any additional steps taken after signing the Judicial Enforcement Order? I see the Order states that the foreign PO is to be entered into the law enforcement records of this State, but I have concerns that the victim will have the same issues of LEA not enforcing the Order due to variance in language they are used to.

Any brain storming with regard to LEAs not enforcing due to the difference in language would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

~ Lindsey

Posts: 1 | Location: Bastrop County  | Registered: March 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depending on the size of your agencies it may be beneficial to provide the officers with a training on PO's so that they are on the same page as you. I have done a few trainings with local LEA and at the local police academy for the recruits. I have noticed that during these trainings I am able to address questions that the officers have about PO's.

Posts: 29 | Location: Waco, TX | Registered: May 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post