TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    County employee perks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

County employee perks Login/Join 
posted
Do your counties offer any perks or benefits that boost morale or offset the fact that you are underpaid?

What could the commisioners offer at little to no cost to retain staff and boost morale without pay increases?

I have been brainstorming and keep coming back to more time off. Does your county have a generous policy as to vacation or holidays that you would share?

Or any other ideas?

thanks.

Posts: 11 | Location: texas | Registered: January 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The old adage is that if you have a good idea for your commissioners the way to get it approved is to paint it yellow and print "CAT" on it. Good luck.
John C.A. Hansford Co. Smile

Posts: 59 | Location: Spearman, TX, Hansford | Registered: March 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that because our salaries are, on average, some of the highest in the county, we are not considered by the powers-that-be to be "underpaid." Nevertheless, working at the DA's office does carry a few perks. For example, during the annual county fair, we get to park for free in the "law enforcement" lot. We also used to be able to park for free at the airport, although I have had problems doing this in the last few months. I have heard that we can eat at a reduced price at the jail, although I have not tried this myself.

Posts: 188 | Location: Lubbock, Texas USA | Registered: October 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post