TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Privacy for records provided to a federal agency
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Privacy for records provided to a federal agency Login/Join 
posted
A question has arisen concerning whether blueprints of a building owned by a quasi public entity such as a transportation authority or hospital district would be subject to disclosure under the federal Freedom of Information Act if given to a federal agency for purposes of a study.

Before I wade into this area of the law, I am hoping from some guidance.

Janette A.

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Under what theory would the blueprints be privileged from FOIA before given to the federal agency? It would seem that if the blueprints were available under the Public Information Act, then none of those exceptions would be available to the requested party under FOIA. Off the top of my head the blueprints could only be privileged under some sort of security concern for PIA purposes.

Posts: 267 | Location: Mansfield, Texas | Registered: August 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post