TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Bid ? again!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bid ? again!!! Login/Join 
posted
I s there a time frame for bidding or RFP that is shorter than the 14 days? example, county hospital goes out for bids, not RFP, and posts notice for the required time. the bids come back and are opened and out of the bidders, 2 are prefferable, so the hospital engages in negotiations with both, resulting in substantial savings from the bid and now wants to award the bid to one of them...I have an issue with the negotiations etc and accepting any of the bids since it was a straight bid notice and not a RFP(for IT system) I am inclined to tell them to reject all and reissue notice for RFP under 262.030 but they are wanting to move quickly to finish this process....any ideas? Does the notice always have to have a 14 day window in absence of an emegency?

Thanks!!!!!

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
on 14 days - at least to the best of my knowledge and research...

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am certain you have already thought of this, but is it possible that whatever they are purchasing could fall within any of the exceptions to required bidding?

Posts: 63 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: September 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post