TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Open Record Decision Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Open Record Decision Question Login/Join 
posted
Section 552.301 of the Public Information Act appears to allow me to request a decision from the Attorney General about a possible exception to the PIA within the 10 business day limit, but then wait until up to 15 business days to submit "comments" as to why the particular exceptions should apply. Has anyone taken that bifurcated approach?

Posts: 366 | Location: Plainview, Hale County | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We've used it from time to time. Sometimes you just need a few more days to fully brief out the issues.

Posts: 341 | Location: Tarrant County, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't usually use it unless I need more time to write the full brief of arguments to withhold it, or there's so much responsive information that I need more time to make sure I have everything or sort out what I'll release. I usually get a fax from the AG's office within a few days reminding me about the 15 day deadline.

Posts: 9 | Registered: February 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same here. I use it on big requests that require a substantial amount of briefing and marking.

Posts: 44 | Location: Wichita Falls, Texas, US | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post