TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    County Noise Law Ordinance????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

County Noise Law Ordinance???? Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone found a creative way, either civil or ciminal, to shut down loud music on private property out in the County that keeps the neighbors from sleeping?

I don't think the Commissioners Court has the power to pass any rules, but has anyone tried it?

Posts: 86 | Location: Floresville, TX USA | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Historically, our sheriff's department has gone out with a decibel meter and checked to see if the noise level exceeded 85 decibels. If so, they issue a notice that the noise is a public nuisance. Then, if it doesn't stop, a disorderly conduct charge might be in order under Penal Code section 42.01(a)(5) and (c). Otherwise, I don't think the commissioners court has authority to pass a regulatory ordinance, unless some bill from the most recent legislative session slipped by me unnoticed (like that's never happened before).

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post