TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Does anyone outthere have experience in Tax Increment Finance Districts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone outthere have experience in Tax Increment Finance Districts? Login/Join 
posted
I am the appointed representative for Comal County on the development of a Tax Increment Finance District that is being proposed by the City of New Braunfels through a consultant representing a private property owner. The authority is outlined in Chapter 311 of the Texas Tax Code. Counties have the ability to participate in contributing tax increment financing to the District as an economic incentive for development (ie forgiving a percentage of an increase of ad valorem taxes for improvements for a specified term). The TIF then uses the money to pay down the improvement costs of development. Do any of you out there have experience in this area? I want to make sure that I am aware of any quircks that a county should be aware of.

Posts: 10 | Location: New Braunfels, Texas | Registered: July 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm just posting to let you know that your question is a good one and that it has been read. My answer to your question is "I don't know," since TIFs are yet another of the many legal equivalents of the active ingredient in Benadryl (which, in case you didn't know, also is the active ingredient in Nytol). This sounds like a Ray Rike question to me.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we have all sorts of projects like that--give me a call and we can talk--best advice for anyone on any of these abatements/eco development agreements/districts/etc/ is strictly follow the law with language in all documents strictly following same, and strictly apply "claw-backs" for defaults in the agreements and in application to the defaults, if any ever occur---and tie it to liens on the real property in the same manner as a tax lien. Now I shall return to slumber as it is too cold to think anymore today Confused

Posts: 74 | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LV, may I have your contact info? You can call me at 830-608-2000. Thanks, Geoff Barr

Posts: 10 | Location: New Braunfels, Texas | Registered: July 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post