TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Subdivision crossing County line
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Subdivision crossing County line Login/Join 
posted
We have just resolved an issue involving an old subdivision that lies lies mainly in an adjoining county, but enters ours. Some individual lots lie on both sides of the county line.

This has me wondering what other counties do, when a proposed new subdivision lies on both sides of the county line.

What if we have different rules concerning lot size, R-O-W width, fire protection, and the like? Some of our rules change, as the number of lots go up. Can we count lots entirely across the county line? Can we mandate that any road, to be dedicated to Wilson County, attach to the county road system, or a State road in our county, so we don't have to drive through the adjoining county to maintain it? (I could go on and on).

I don't think that Chapter 242, Local Government Code, which requires Counties and Municipalities to establish "one stop shopping" for subdivisions in the ETJ, applies.

What do other folks do?

Posts: 86 | Location: Floresville, TX USA | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post