TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Default Judgments- NISI
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Default Judgments- NISI Login/Join 
posted
Is it required that the State file a Service Member Civil Relief Act Affidavit for every default judgment? If so, what website do I utilize to verify this information and is it free?

Posts: 24 | Location: Pecos County | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not think I have to but I always submit an SCRA affidavit on asset forfeiture cases to prevent the argument from being asserted once the claimant -- or more likely counsel -- regains consciousness. I do not do so on bond forfeitures.

The website is found at https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/scra/scraHome.do. Be aware that your browser will discourage you, in no uncertain terms, from proceeding to the site. Someone more savvy in internet lore may be able to explain why, but I cannot. This has been the situation since at least 2007. I have used the site regularly since then and have experienced no problems but that is no guarantee that Satan will not take up residence on my hard drive the next time I go. That's a matter to take up with your IT guru, if any. There is no charge to use the site.

Posts: 21 | Location: Canyon, Texas, USA | Registered: June 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We file them on our BF default judgments. We use the same website.

Posts: 44 | Location: Wichita Falls, Texas, US | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post