TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    City Permits for Courthouse Restoration
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

City Permits for Courthouse Restoration Login/Join 
posted
Many of you were in office during your Courthouse renovations. Has anyone else ever dealt with the issue of whether a County is required to have a city permit to commence their Courthouse renovation. The Legislature has only dealt with Counties with populations which exceed 250,000, not those of us who only have 8,000 citizens. I would think that the doctrine of sovereign immunity would be applicable. Additionally, our Courthouse predates any city zoning or building oridinances. I would appreciate anyone who can give me direction.

MARK C HENKES
Hamilton County Attorney

Posts: 4 | Location: Hamilton, Texas, United States | Registered: February 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See cases and AG opinions cited in Texas Attorney General Opinion JC-0218 (May 2000).

http://www.oag.state.tx.us/opinions/opinions/49cornyn/op/2000/pdf/JC0218.pdf

Posts: 341 | Location: Tarrant County, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Generally, what the city will do is attack your contractor who would like to work in the city again. So the contractor has the difficult choice.

Posts: 267 | Location: Mansfield, Texas | Registered: August 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my officials reached a compromise with ccity officials. thanks for the responses.

Posts: 4 | Location: Hamilton, Texas, United States | Registered: February 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post