TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Auction House sales
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Auction House sales Login/Join 
posted
A local auction house wants an exclusive 2 1/2 year deal to sell all of the property the county has to sell, maybe with a few exclusions, with a 15% commission; I assume they meant personal property; I realize LGC 263.152 permits some auction sales, but would an exclusive contract run afoul of Section 26, Texas Bill of Rights?

Posts: 3 | Location: Groveton, Texas USA | Registered: August 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've just reviewed a couple of contracts for "ad hoc" sales of county surplus and salvage by 2 different auction companies. Neither charged a 15% commission and both conducted internet sales that broadcast the goods to a wide audience. Neither required an exclusive contract. As for the constitutional issue, I would have to do some research, but... for practical purposes, there are better options. Google Lone Star Auctions, Auctioneer Express (both of which are near you) and Rene Bate's Auctions.

Posts: 24 | Location: Liberty, Texas | Registered: January 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post