TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    County Support of Daycare
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

County Support of Daycare Login/Join 
posted
We have in Plainview a daycare that is a nonprofit corporation that provides services to low-income families and also provides "off-hours" service to families whose caregivers work the overnight shifts at our local industries.

This daycare is expanding its facility, and is asking the County to provide either a financial contribution toward that expansion or a donation in services (e.g., earthmoving, etc.). I have found some AG opinion regarding county contribution toward daycare operations, but they all reference the Revised Civil Statutes. I have yet to find a disposition table or other source to tell me where those Civil Statutes ended up (if they are indeed still in effect).

I am hoping that one of you brilliant lawyers out there has run across this sort of issue and can perhaps give me a starting point for my research besides 1970's AG opinions.

Thanks for any input or help.

Posts: 366 | Location: Plainview, Hale County | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might start with section 81.027 of the Texas Local Government Code. Most of those AG opinions reference the Revised Civil Statutes dealing with support of paupers.
Now when I lived out your way I don't remember unique industries in Plainview. But I am glad to see they have arrived.

Posts: 267 | Location: Mansfield, Texas | Registered: August 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And yes, we do have a few industries. They deal mainly with cattle, corn, and Wal-Mart, but they do have round-the-clock shifts.

Posts: 366 | Location: Plainview, Hale County | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post