TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Bond Forfeiture Training
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bond Forfeiture Training Login/Join 
posted
I am looking for suggestions on any resources or training seminars related to bond forfeitures. Are there any seminars, user forums, or other resources I should be aware of? I am a relatively new prosecutor so any and all suggestions are likely to be useful. Thanks!

Posts: 7 | Registered: May 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JJlimestone:
I am looking for suggestions on any resources or training seminars related to bond forfeitures. Are there any seminars, user forums, or other resources I should be aware of? I am a relatively new prosecutor so any and all suggestions are likely to be useful. Thanks!

I've got quite a few forms I can share, but training is hard to find. Let me know what you're after and I'll see what I've got.

Posts: 20 | Location: Paris | Registered: May 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our bail bond board agreed to fund a group training for both bondsmen and prosecutors. Our goal is to educate both the bondsmen and prosecutors and to establish an understanding between both about how the process functions. We have not yet scheduled the training but have spoken to both Ken Good, who wrote "Good's on Bonds" and to Roger Moore. Both are attorneys who provide training to the Professional Bondsmen of Texas (PBT) and have been very easy to work with on cases in our county. The quotes we have vary from $500-1500 for a group session. Call me if you want to discuss further.

Posts: 24 | Location: Liberty, Texas | Registered: January 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By the way, there is also a "listserv" of Texas prosecutors. I don't recall how I got on the list, but I seem to see Kathy Braddock's name (from Harris County) come up regularly.

Posts: 24 | Location: Liberty, Texas | Registered: January 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Office is getting reorganized and I am being given the responsibility of bond forfeitures. I'd be happy to hear about any training opportunities or literature available for someone in my same position.

Posts: 30 | Location: Rockwall, Texas USA | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our bail bond board brought in Randy Adler, another bondsman attorney, who does training. He focused quite a bit of licensing issues, but covered forfeitures as well. I have to say, I am leary of training by bondsman attorneys because we don't always see eye-to-eye on issues related to fofeitures. I'm no Kathy Braddock, but am happy to help in any way I can.

Posts: 44 | Location: Wichita Falls, Texas, US | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post