TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Restrictive Covenants
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Restrictive Covenants Login/Join 
posted
Landowner (250 + acres) wants to sell parcels of 10 acres or so, but wants to make certain that his new "neighbors" don't use the land for chicken farms, commercial purposes, etc. Landowner has drafted restrictive covenants to apply to the entire tract of 250+ acres. All land is in county, not city. Do the restrictive covenants have to be submitted to or approved by county / commissioners court? No plat or subdivision, or new roads.

Posts: 325 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: November 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since your county isn't approving a plat, I don't see how it could possibly regulate any proposed restrictive covenants for these parcels. If the county doesn't have its own subdivision regulation ordinance, then chapter 232 of the Local Government Code controls. I didn't see anything there authorizing a county to approve or disapprove restrictive covenants.

Posts: 90 | Location: Lockhart TX | Registered: January 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Mack - that's what I thought, just wanted to see if there was something I had missed.

Posts: 325 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: November 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post