TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    ATM machine on county property
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ATM machine on county property Login/Join 
posted
We have a large, county owned event/rodeo arena. A local bank has inquired about installing an ATM machine in our facility. Other than security concerns, etc, any legal considerations for me to consider? Oh yeah, and I just found out it is on the agenda for Monday's meeting. More notice than I usually get Wink

John P. Dodson
Uvalde County Attorney

Posts: 106 | Location: Uvalde, Texas | Registered: May 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just make sure they're square with LGC chapter 263, and that some sort of public benefit is coming back to the county to allay any constitutional concerns (art. 3, sec. 52(a), for instance).

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the convenience of the public and employees. See Dodson v. Marshall. I wonder about what you will do when the second bank wants their atm there also.

Posts: 267 | Location: Mansfield, Texas | Registered: August 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tell them that the only space left is back by the rough stock pens?

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post